The village originated in the year 1715 at the place of former dried pond in the saddle between Široký and Plešivec hills. Near the road there is situated the secession church of St. Joseph of 1912. The pond Velký rybník was proclaimed as naturel preserve in the years 1982-84. On the southern shore there growth the monumental tree - the lime tree, more than 100 years old. The expansion of village was joined with railway construction in the year 1869. In the Rybniště there was the important railway crossroad to Rumburk and Varnsdorf.